ION Solar is a premium, full-service solar provider. This post is for you if you are thinking about choosing it and want to learn more.
ION Solar offers affordable solar solutions that give customers the benefits of solar with little or no up-front costs. Full-service options come with a specially created system and top-of-the-line machinery, and they take care of all the applications, inspection, and application processing.
Keep reading and find out more!
Table of Contents
ION is the second-largest residential solar company in Utah and ranks fourth overall. Many homeowners have benefited by having their solar options expanded and installing affordable solar solutions. A source of electricity free from pollution, ION offers renewable energy.
A system that converts another house to solar power is donated by ION for every two megawatts of power they install. Through their ION Earth program, the company also collaborates with charitable organizations like Habitat for Humanity to offer solar power for underprivileged homes, businesses, schools, and shelters.
New solar system installation typically takes 60 to 90 days. This timeline could be affected by a number of variables, including utility and city approvals, modifications to the system design, and electrical work on a customer’s home.
The USA is where all ION components are produced.
- Everything is done internally.
- No money down is required for qualified buyers.
- There are four different types of agreements available.
- 25-year inverter and solar panel warranties/10-year roof warranty.
- If you sell your house, your solar contract will transfer with it.
Solar sales, installation, and service are all offered by ION Solar. If you are a good candidate for solar, energy advisors perform an initial screening to make that determination. A committed project manager is assigned to work with you on every step of the way if you enter into an agreement with ION. To ensure that all installation requirements are met, design and permitting professionals will also coordinate with a homeowner’s city.
For qualified customers, a zero down payment program is offered, which means there are no sizable up-front expenses.
Four distinct contract options are available from ION: 12- and 20-year loans, a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), and an outright purchase. Each of these comes with a 25-year solar panel and inverter warranty. Concerns about the effect that heavy solar panels will have on your roof are also allayed by a 10-year roof warranty.
If you sell your house, the company helps with the transfer of the solar system’s ownership. Additionally, customers can receive $200 from ION if they recommend a friend or member of their family who makes the switch to solar energy.
On the business’s website, there are presently around 1,400 customer reviews. These buyers gave a 4.9 out of 5 star rating on average.
The Better Business Bureau has given ION Solar an A+ rating and they employ NABCEP certified installation specialists. In the 2016 Top 500 Solar Contractors list, the business came in at number seven nationwide. Additionally, ION belongs to the Smart Electric Power Alliance and the Solar Energy Industries Association.
- Does not offer backup battery storage installation
- Cannot always monitor home energy production
Due to the installation of backup battery storage being too expensive for the typical homeowner, ION does not currently offer this service. That is offset by the fact that the majority of the company’s systems are connected to the electrical grid.
Furthermore, you cannot always keep an eye on how much energy your house is producing. Instead, ION will monitor the system if you sign a PPA contract with them. You can access an app on the company’s website to see how much energy your home is producing whether you buy your system outright or take out a loan.
What Are Customers Saying?
- “The project was well-managed and communicated with at every stage thanks to ION Solar. Any questions during the project could be texted to Hashim, the project coordinator, who provided all answers. “
- Excellent panels, poor guidance. They looked at my roof before I ordered my solar panels from Ion. The roof, they said, had a good ten years left in it. (The last time the roof was installed was unknown to me when I bought the house.) My roof needs to be replaced less than 14 months after I bought the solar panels. As it turned out, the warranty had expired years prior.
- The panels themselves are good, but the communication surrounding the installation process was terribly bungled. We frequently received contradictory information from Ion’s central offices and local offices/sales representatives.
- While waiting, I started a project in June. I get mixed messages from many employees and now my “sales rep” does not return messages. Disgusted!!
- Great experience from start to finish. The entire process for my solar installation has been excellent thanks to ION Solar. The whole team has been very responsive to any questions and are very quick with any updates to the status of my project.
Where is ION Solar?
At 6400 Stapleton Dr. S. in Denver, Colorado, you can find ION Solar.
How is ION Solar Rated?
41 reviews for ION Solar have given it a 2.0 rating.
What Panels Does Ion Solar Use?
ION solar uses the highest quality tier one panels so that you can be confident you’re making the most of the most abundant renewable energy source: the sun!