To assist you in deciding if ADT Solar is the best solar provider for you, we examine the company’s services and warranties in this review.
Since 2008, ADT Solar (formerly Sunpro Solar) has carved out a niche for itself in the solar industry of the warm Southeast, expanding its service territory to 21 states.
After a solar energy system is installed, ADT Solar provides customers with extensive warranties and system monitoring to help support them. Keep reading our full review to decide whether you should invest in it.
Table of Contents
- Pros & Cons of ADT Solar
- SunPro Solar at a Glance
- What Products and Services Does ADT Solar Offer?
- SunPro Solar State Availability
- Other Benefits of ADT Solar
- How Much Does ADT Solar Cost?
- What Customers Are Saying
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
Pros & Cons of ADT Solar
- 25-year warranty on panel, inverter and labor
- 24/7 monitoring
- Guaranteed production for 25 years
- No online quotes
- Some customers have noticed a decline in service quality during the pandemic
- Some customers have experienced permitting issues
SunPro Solar at a Glance
SunPro Solar was founded in 2008, just as solar energy was beginning to gain traction. Since then, the business has grown to become one of the largest and most reputable residential solar installers. In a list of residential solar installers published in 2021 by Solar Power World’s Magazine, SunPro earned the number two spot. With 94,959 kW installed in 2020, SunPro placed second nationally.
This solar business is notable for its panel design, installation, and consultation procedures.
In 2021, ADT acquired SunPro, changed its name to ADT Solar, and began to grow its service area.
What Products and Services Does ADT Solar Offer?
Solar panels on residential and commercial buildings are designed, installed, and maintained by ADT Solar. Sunpro had installed solar panels for over ten years prior to being acquired, and it was proud of its track record for offering exemplary customer service and market-leading warranties. It’s too soon to say whether ADT will continue to perform at this caliber of excellence.
Solar Panel Warranty
Unlike most companies, which only offer product warranties and 10-year workmanship warranties, ADT offers a comprehensive 25-year warranty guaranteeing the solar system produces at its estimated level for decades after your purchase. Sunpro promises to pay you the difference in cash if your system doesn’t produce the amount of energy promised. More specifically, the 25-year ADT guarantee includes:
- A labor guarantee that your system is installed properly without any damage to your home or system.
- A power production guarantee that your solar energy system produces the amount of power outlined in your initial solar proposal.
- A panel module guarantee that your solar Continually working solar panels.
- An Enphase microinverter guarantee that your system’s microinverters perform without error.
The best products for your home will depend on your energy requirements, but ADT has some of the best solar panel and backup battery options available today. Majority of Sunpro’s PV installations are outfitted with components from manufacturers like LG and Panasonic, who are renowned for producing high-quality, long-lasting products at competitive prices.
Additionally, ADT provides the best solar battery options on the market, the Enphase Encharge 10 and the Tesla Powerwall 2. ADT chooses products that work well together even though it carries a variety of brands for its panels and storage systems. For example, it is well known that LG panels perform well in almost any solar installation.
ADT Solar Installation Process
ADT works to make solar installations as easy and straightforward as possible by breaking down its process into just three steps. ADT’s procedure is less complicated than that of its rivals, but it may limit your ability to customize the system’s appearance and functionality.
An average ADT customer can expect the installation process to look a little more like this:
- Evaluation: One of Sunpro’s solar consultants will visit your home to assess whether it is a good candidate for solar before proceeding with the process. If eligible, ADT will send a quote and rendering of your home’s proposed system. Be sure to include in your proposal any local incentives or tax breaks for solar energy that may be available in your region.
- Obtain permits and approvals: ADT will take care of the specifics of obtaining your permits and approvals after you have approved the plans and signed the paperwork. Most solar installations will require a city permit, and some may require a net metering agreement to ensure a safe installation and that you can sell any surplus energy back to your local utility company.
- System installation: ADT Solar will install your system once all necessary permits and approvals have been obtained. Most installations are complete within one to three business days, depending on their complexity. Before you can turn the system on, both the city inspector and local utility need to issue permission to operate (PTO). ADT will schedule all required inspections before assisting you in getting your system up and running.
SunPro Solar State Availability
Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia are all served by ADT Solar. To increase the total number of states to 27, it has plans to expand to Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and West Virginia.
Other Benefits of ADT Solar
Long-term energy savings and the satisfaction of actively contributing to the reduction of carbon emissions are two benefits of going solar. Selecting ADT Solar has additional advantages as well.
- ADT Solar customers who refer a friend can be eligible for a $1,000 reward for each friend they refer.
- ADT Solar also collaborates with Buildpro Roofing Specialists, who are capable of fixing any roof issues.
- When there is a power outage, battery backups can keep household systems operating, which is crucial if residents depend on the equipment to run their medical devices.
- ADT Solar provides a Price Protection Guarantee that will refund the difference if another company provides a lower quote while providing comparable products and advantages.
How Much Does ADT Solar Cost?
The average cost of solar for a provider is difficult to predict because costs vary depending on your location, residence, and energy needs. Although local installers may quote slightly less than ADT to gain an advantage over the competition, we do know that Sunpro offered prices that were fairly competitive. Another reason why we advise our readers to obtain several quotes from rival businesses is because of this.
ADT does not provide a lease option, in contrast to other market leaders like Sunrun and SunPower. This excludes a small number of homeowners interested in solar, but ultimately ADT encourages purchases so that customers can secure the best value for their time and money.
For its clients, ADT provides standard solar financing plans, all of which are covered by the business’s 25-year warranty.
- Full purchase: The system and the energy it generates are your property. The most ideal way to go solar is to buy solar panels. When you buy panels from ADT, you pay cash for the solar power equipment. Imagine doing this as an upfront payment for energy for 25 years, but at a much lower cost than you would pay if you stuck with your current utility.
- Monthly loan: You own the system and pay for it with a loan. To pay for your solar panel purchase, ADT can assist you in obtaining a solar loan. Loans have varying interest rates and monthly payment requirements based on credit scores and loan terms. The length of the payback period can vary based on these factors, from five to twelve years. With a monthly loan, you continue to be the sole owner of the system, which raises the value of your home, enables you to take advantage of the federal solar tax credit, and offers a significantly higher return on investment than leasing panels.
ADT Solar does not provide solar leases or power purchase agreements (PPA), despite what you might read on other review websites.
Read More: Solar Panel Cleaning Cost
What Customers Are Saying
- Excellent sales representative; no pressure. Information that is extremely transparent and clear. After meeting with ADT, a large company with excellent products, warranties, and staff, we finally decided to move forward with our consideration of solar energy.
- They claim there won’t be an electric bill for you, but there still will be one. Our electric bill will be replaced, the salsman claimed, by the bill for the solar panels.
- My experience with ADT was outstanding. with the communication from Sales and the rest of the ADT Solar Team’s explanations and demonstrations of the parts that needed to be installed gave me the assurance to put our significant investment in going solar in the hands of ADT. During that time, I received a text or phone call updating me on the status of my solar panels both before and after installation.
- Installation scheduling has proven to be absurdly challenging. For more than six weeks now, my solar panels have been installed, but the electrician has not yet come out to connect. I’ve been attempting to finish that and commission the system for the past six weeks. Calls go unanswered, and when someone does, they always have an explanation for why they can’t come finish the project.
- Overall, professional installation and service! Quick procedure, my associate Sonia Faucher was very cordial and accompanied me the entire time. Excellent communication took place! I would give 6 star! One extra for going the extra mile!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Solar Panels Does ADT Use?
ADT Solar (formerly SunPro) uses LG solar panels, which have an efficiency rate of 22.3% and have an expected lifespan of 25 to 40 years. In September 2020, ADT Solar declared that it had become the nation’s first solar contractor. to install A brand-new solar panel that LG is offering is the NeON 355 watt model.
What is SunPro ADT?
SunPro ADT is known as ADT Solar after ADT purchased Sunpro Solar in November 2021 for approximately $825 million. One of the biggest solar companies in the nation, SunPro started operations in 2008.
What is the Biggest Problem With Solar Panels?
One of the biggest problems that solar energy technology poses is that energy is only generated while the sun is shining. That implies that the supply may be interrupted at night and on cloudy days.
How Do I Choose a Solar Company?
It’s important to conduct extensive research before choosing a solar company. Choose a solar company based on what matters most to you after looking through our list of the Best Solar Panel Installation Companies. As you dig deeper, you’ll want to take a closer look at these things:
- Efficiency — Because some solar panels are more efficient than others, there may be a better solar energy harvest, which may result in greater savings.
- Price — Financing options and the cost of solar panels can both vary. Solar panel buyers have three options: paying cash, taking out a solar loan, or leasing the panels. Solar panels can cost between $10,000 to $35,000, depending upon the scope of your project and how many solar panels you need.
- Size — The size of the solar project that homeowners want must be chosen. A five kW system is typical for homes with solar energy. According to U.S. data, the typical household uses 11,000 kWh of electricity yearly. You must decide whether you want to attempt to partially or entirely power your home with solar energy, according to the Energy Information Administration.
With a comprehensive 25-year warranty, premium solar panels, and excellent customer service, ADT Solar served as a good model for how a solar company should conduct business. Due to the simplicity of its business model and installation procedure, Sunpro has assisted tens of thousands of homeowners in learning about the advantages of contemporary solar energy.
Before choosing a solar company, do your research because investing in solar carries some risks because you’ll need to wait a number of years before your investment pays for itself. For more solar reviews, read our post on Blue Raven Solar Reviews.
Read More: Ion Solar Reviews